As Switzerland’s leading digital hub, we provide our media and platforms with ideal framework conditions, support them through investments in technology, and create space for them to develop individually. We stand for interdisciplinary collaboration, innovation and dynamic development.
We are on the move – and want to keep moving. We are farsighted. We are proactive. We are courageous. We are TX. TX Services is a part of TX Group.
The Business Analytical Services (BAS) Team provides our internal customers with tools and data-driven insights to take their business and product development to the next level. We serve TX-Group companies and central units which means we get to work with some of Switzerland's biggest brands, ranging from publishing to digital platforms to advertising.
We are a team of dedicated people who are ready to help, support, solve problems, coordinate, develop, create, research and grow. Our team is split between Zurich and Belgrade so we also try to make sure to create opportunities for face-time - the real one, not just the video calls. We have a lot to do and we can use extra help on the DWH side.
- Design, implement and maintain modern, cloud-based ETL jobs
- Help us designing state-of-the-art, cloud-based DWH solutions for a broad range of analytical use-cases
- Contribute in establishing Data Quality and performance monitoring architecture as well as alerting services
- Perform data analysis (including root-cause analysis from Source to Target data)
- Identify both technical and business improvements, craft solutions, and implement changes
- Follow agreed processes and procedures but also show proactivity and bring in your ideas
- Work with project managers, internal customers and other team members to determine implementation effort and identify risks and opportunities
- Help shaping our engineering culture while sharing ideas and knowledge within the team
For this new and responsible role we are looking for a personality that is passionate about the latest technologies, likes working as a part in a team of problem solvers and is committed to learn and grow professionally. If you are enthusiastic to work directly with a broad range of customers (from data analysts to CEOs) then this might be a perfect position for you!
Furthermore, we are looking for the following experiences:
- 2+ years of experience working in DWH field and using modern ETL tools (preferably MatilIion) and modern Data Warehouse design (Kimball, Inmon or Data Vault; cloud-based analytical databases e.g. AWS Redshift; Data Lakes)
- Proven SQL skills including defining, executing and interpreting queries
- Able to handle tasks in parallel while meeting deadlines
- Knowledge of Agile Prototyping & Data Warehouse lifecycle as well as familiarity with incident and change-processes in ticketing systems (e.g. Jira)
- Ability to communicate directly with internal customers with various profiles and seniority levels is a big plus
- Experience with Frontend tools is a plus (preferably Microsoft PowerBI)
- Fluent in English which is our business language. Brownie points if you know any German.
- Be a part of well established Swiss-based subsidiary - TX Services in Belgrade
- We value work-life balance and employee happiness is at the first place for us
- We offer you a chance to visit conferences and training you find interesting
- Lots of team activities and perks: yearly retreats, hackathons
- Great equipment, competitive salary and a variety of fringe benefits
- International team and working environment of talented and fun people
- Modern, sunny, and open working place with a positive and fun atmosphere
- Stimulating work experience that will allow you to grow both professionally and personally