Attention talented individual! This is not just another job posting.
As Switzerland’s leading digital hub, we provide our media and platforms with enabling technology solutions, to drive their businesses. We stand for interdisciplinary collaboration, innovation, and dynamic development.
We are on the move – and want to keep moving. We are farsighted. We are proactive. We are courageous. We are TX.
This is an opportunity to challenge yourself and make your mark on the world. You’ll finally be able to contribute your skills and expertise to a company - and to a product - making a real difference in the lives of millions of people every single day.
Doodle revolutionizes the way the world schedules meetings. Our suite of scheduling tools enables individuals and enterprises around the world to own their time, be more productive, and grow their businesses. We’re the industry leader in scheduling technology with 30 million monthly users, and we’re just getting started.
Now’s your chance to join 80 ambitious engineers, designers, product managers, marketers, and salespeople on a mission to make great meetings happen. Be a part of a global team headquartered in Zurich, with offices in Atlanta, New York City, Belgrade, and Berlin.
Who we’re looking for?
A Medior Backend Engineer for one of our growing cross-functional product teams. As a Medior Backend Engineer, you're working closely together with the engineering lead on the Backend services for the products and features the team owns.
Ideally, you have:
- In-depth knowledge (3+ years) of Java, SpringBoot and JPA/Hibernate
- Advanced knowledge of software architecture
- Experience in agile methodologies like Scrum
- A data-driven and agile mindset
- Eager to learn new technologies
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of Kafka is a plus
- Fluent English
What does the role involve?
- Provide technical support to other team members and coaches less experienced colleagues
- Develop a culture that emphasizes high code quality and continuous improvement
- Evangelize technical best practices to develop products with a great user experience
- Identify opportunities for improvement and professional growth
- Develop code using Java, test and analyze software solutions, in accordance with the project plan and technical design
- Deploy the new applications into test environments and assure high-quality software deliveries
- Write and maintain system and production documentation
- Contribute to the maintenance and sustainability of the overall IT architecture
- Translate business requirements and process plans into technical specifications for software development
- Understand stakeholder needs, anticipate stakeholder needs and present potential solutions
- Work in cross-functional teams in close collaboration with designers, front-end engineers, and PMs
What’s awesome about working for us?
- Being a part of establishing a Swiss-based subsidiary - TX Services in Belgrade
- Top talent deserves a competitive salary
- Develop yourself and work on interesting projects in an open-minded and diverse culture
- Every Doodler gets a yearly budget for education, conferences, and learning resources
- Party with your colleagues at international retreats
- Travel to some of our lovely offices worldwide
- Premium Doodle memberships, also for your friends and family
So, get in touch!
At Doodle, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities (EEO) are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, disability, religion, gender, sexual orientation. Doodle embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work and our products will be. We want to hear from you, so please don’t hesitate to apply!