As Switzerland’s leading digital hub, we provide our media and platforms with enabling technology solutions, to drive their businesses. We stand for interdisciplinary collaboration, innovation, and dynamic development.
We are on the move – and want to keep moving. We are farsighted. We are proactive. We are courageous. We are TX.
TX Services is a subsidiary of the TX Group. To expand our Ricardo Belgrade team at our TX Services site in Belgrade, we are currently looking for a smart, talented, and dedicated Backend Engineer.
Today, Ricardo is the largest online marketplace in Switzerland with over 2.3 million listed items and more than 4 million users. For more than 20 years, we have been helping our users to find a new home for their idle objects. We provide a real alternative to the new. We are determined to drive the change of consumption to be more sustainable and meaningful.
You will be part of Ricardo Engineering, a remote-friendly department of 50 engineers located in three countries (Zug - Switzerland, Belgrade - Serbia, Sophia-Antipolis - France).
What You Will Do
- Consistently ship working, testable, maintainable, readable code/data to production in small and safe iterations. The solutions are performant, scalable and fulfill the set SLOs of the product
- Own and operate multiple Java and Go backend microservices on top of Kubernetes and GCP
- Take on the challenge of scaling the systems to process a huge volume of events and requests per day
- Actively shape the architecture of the backend platform and ensure sustainability
- Be a valued contributor in an autonomous, cross-functional agile team
- Collaborate with other engineers, product managers, and designers to identify and solve challenging problems
- Making a positive impact on our engineering culture, encouraging knowledge sharing and driving technical discussions within the team
Who You Are
- 2+ years of professional experience with running backend applications in production
- 2+ years of professional experience with relational databases
- Hands-on experience with Java or Go stack
- Experience with creating and consuming RESTful APIs, that operate at scale, are easy to use, self-documented and have the client’s perspective always in mind
- Familiarity with DevOps practices and technologies with keen attention to meaningful logging, monitoring and overall operational excellence
- Deep understanding of system design, data structures, and algorithms
- Particularly care about quality and know what it means to ship high-quality code
- Able to collaborate closely with product management with attention to shaping a great customer experience
- You love working in an environment where you constantly experiment and iterate quickly
- You believe data is the most powerful tool for informed decision-making
- You are passionate about teaching and empowering your colleagues and stakeholders
Nice to have
- Experience with technologies like: Postgres, MsSql, Redis, Kafka, Solr
- Building cloud applications (ex. AWS, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure) using technologies like: Docker, Kubernetes, Istio, Prometheus, CI/CD
- Be a part of establishing a Swiss-based subsidiary - TX Services in Belgrade
- Strong engineering culture, empowerment and trust
- Career tracks that can match with employees expectations. We want you to progress on your professional journey at Ricardo
- Competitive salary and a variety of fringe benefits
- Training and conference budget aiming to grow both your soft and hard skills
- Regularly pitch personal engineering projects and implement them
- Access to Headspace, a digital platform to take care of your mental health
- Private health insurance for you and one additional family member
- Great equipment - Macbook Pro or equivalent laptop of your choice
- We value work-life balance and have flexible working hours and a home office policy
- A modern and cozy working place with a positive and friendly atmosphere