As Switzerland’s leading digital hub, we provide our media and platforms with ideal framework conditions, support them through investments in technology, and create space for them to develop individually. We stand for interdisciplinary collaboration, innovation and dynamic development.
We are on the move – and want to keep moving. We are farsighted. We are proactive. We are courageous. We are TX. TX Services is a part of TX Group.
SMG Swiss Marketplace Group AG came together following the merger of Scout24 Switzerland and TX Markets in 2021. A union which included some of Switzerland’s most well-known leading marketplaces.
We're looking for a cloud wizard and data pipelines expert to expand our central Marketing Intelligence & Technology team at SMG. The position offers a broad range of tasks in the field of (cloud) data engineering and a lot of freedom to explore and set up data systems according to the latest industry standards.
Help SMG improve its marketing insights and strengthen its data-driven decision culture by:
- Making sure marketing- and user analytics- data for SMG’s platforms is collected and processed according to best practices by maintaining, challenging and (re)designing the current and future data pipelines
- Automating the documentation, testing and monitoring of data systems
- Exchanging with stakeholders on the data requirements for their data products (e.g. marketing dashboards, statistical models, customer data platform)
- Aligning with data engineers from the business units (Real Estate, Automotive, General Marketplaces & Finance) to ensure a smooth system for sharing data across different platforms
- Close collaboration with data scientists, data analysts and user analytics experts in the team, and therewith the opportunity to learn more about web and app tracking, as well as statistical modelling
- Sharing your knowledge and guiding team members on current standards in the field
- Educational background in computer science, management information systems, or equivalent working experience
- 3+ years of experience as data engineer/infrastructure in a cloud based environment (preferably Google Cloud Platform), and desire to work with GCP environments
- Experience with secure data ingestion, processing, warehousing, monitoring, orchestration and modelling
- Good knowledge of DevOps best practices and automation of documentation, testing, build, deployment, configuration, and monitoring
- Hands-on experience with container technologies such as Docker
- Excellent skills in Python and querying structured data (SQL), additional languages are a benefit
- Ability to explain complex technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- Self-driven, entrepreneurial and an excellent problem solver
- Great and cross-functional communication skills
- Proficiency in English
- Experience with DBT
- Experience with Snowflake
- Experience with AWS
What we offer
- Exposure to some of the biggest brands in Switzerland
- Training & education, conferences or certifications
- Horizontal team structure with a high level of autonomy and cross-collaboration
- Cozy office
- Occasional travels to Zurich
- Flexible home office policy
- Competitive salary and a variety of fringe benefits