As Switzerland's leading digital hub, we provide our media and platforms with enabling technology solutions, to drive their businesses. We stand for interdisciplinary collaboration, innovation and dynamic development.
We are on the move – and want to keep moving. We are farsighted. We are proactive. We are courageous. We are TX.
Our Unity CMS team is looking for a Senior Backend Engineer.
Unity is a proprietary, cloud-based, central hub for editorial staff teams, which empowers writers and journalists to publish, review, and distribute different types of media and articles to a variety of online TX Group news sites and platforms (like Tages-Anzeiger, Basler Zeitung, 24 heures, etc.).
Unity is built from the ground up with multi-tenancy and multi-user collaboration in mind, with a contemporary approach based on microservices, WebSockets, and a modern front-end stack, and is developed by a core team of focused and ambitious software engineers.
As a Senior Backend Engineer, you will help us write the digital future of Tamedia. You will help to architect, design, and build our new world-class CMS system in the Digital Publishing & Development group.
What you bring:
- You are a dyed-in-the-wool geek, who dreams in loosely-coupled components. You love the possibilities that technology opens up, but you also recognize that not all shiny new technologies are ready for prime time.
- You probably attended a good technical university, and since then you have built up many years of experience, and learned from a bunch of mistakes.
- You enjoy helping other engineers to grow, and you know that having others challenge your ideas might help you to improve.
- Backend engineering is your favorite activity, and you are fluent in mature technologies like Java, Spring, RabbitMQ, and ElasticSearch, but can also help identify newer tech that might propel us forward.
- Knowing your way around Linux, Git, Docker, and Kubernetes would be helpful.
- Our technology groups tend to use English as a lingua franca, but if you speak some German, that would be a plus.
What we bring:
Tamedia is transforming itself into a digital-first company, and you can help pave the way.
- The tools we build allow journalists to deliver news to millions of users.
- Our team works with microservices and messaging concepts; you can also expect an environment of clean code and clean unit tests.
- Come and join our family of friendly, smart geeks!
Benefits and perks:
You will have a big influence on how millions of users consume news in Switzerland
- Our international team of talented engineers works with state-of-the-art backend technologies; you can expect clean code and clean unit tests with us.
- We have a thriving engineering culture with internal conferences, occasional hack days, and an always-open ear to leftfield ideas.
- There are over 300 other software engineers within Tamedia, meaning you will be able to access a large knowledge base and learn a great deal from your colleagues, whether that's in connection with an integration project with AWS, or the best table-tennis strategy.
You can learn more about our perks and brands on our website.
A 3D office tour is available here.
More insight on life@txservices can be found on our Instagram and Linkedin accounts.
And last, but not least - you can always check our reviews on Joberty or HelloWorld.
We're looking forward to your application!